Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend...

And it's finally HOT outside!
I can't believe the weather this year ~ usually by now we'd have been in our pool at least a couple times... this year it hasn't been warm enough to even think about getting the pool ready... maybe now we can.

I have been busy knitting though...


These socks are samples for another pattern I'm writing up. They are sport weight and working up fairly quickly and I really like the stitch pattern, kind of lacy... Hope to have them done very soon, but I'm also working on this...


It's a Prayer Shawl I'm making for a very dear little lady we call "Miss Martha". She used to attend Big Rock Church with us, but her children asked her to move closer to them... quite a ways from us ~ understandable, but we miss her very much! So... my mother-in-law bought the yarn and asked me to knit it up as a gift from both of us... I can't wait to finish it and send little Miss Martha a very special 'hug' from us.
It's going to need to be steam-blocked when it's finished to open up the lace more, but I'm very pleased with the way it's turning out...

Make sure to remember and honor our lost soldiers and Veterans this weekend... without their sacrifices we would not have the freedoms we do! Many members of my family (both blood and married in) served in the military, and I thank them for all they did...... God bless you all more than abundantly!!

I'm blessed with my very own Veteran... My Husband.... US Navy...

No comments:

Post a Comment